Sacramento-Davis District Presents: Sampling Sandplay
Click here to register: http://clinicalsocialworksociety.org/event-2477028
This introduction to Sandplay therapy will include: Sandplay figures, viewing a film of Dora Kalff (founder of Sandplay), and a Sandplay case presentation. Experience the basic elements of Sandplay including the “powerful work” that emerges through this therapy that “touches the psyche and soul of each participant.” The experience will include the many dimensions of implicit knowing and how the image that is created is a reflection of the transference between therapist and client. Our presenter, David Capitolo, MFT is a Teaching Member of Sandplay Therapists of America, has published articles in the Journal of Sandplay Therapy, and is a founder of The Child Therapy Institute, a nonprofit agency extensively using Sandplay therapy. See his bio below.
1. Introduce participants to SandPlay and the possibility of more intensive training.
2. Clarify the strengths and challenges of SandPlay therapy in order to make appropriate referrals to this modality.
3. Understand the complexity and nuances of SandPlay assessment and treatment through the presentation of a case study.
DAVID CAPITOLO, MA, MFT is a teaching member of Sandplay Therapists of America and the International Society for Sandplay Therapy (ISST). He is a founding member and treasurer of the Northern California Regional Sandplay Society (NCRSS- www.californiasandplay.org) . He has written On Both Sides Being Strong – Masculine and Feminine Principles in Sandplay Therapy and Sandplay as Waking Dream – Images Hidden in the Emotions for the Journal of Sandplay Therapy. He practices in San Francisco and San Rafael where he sees children and adults. E-mail:email@example.com. 1480 Lincoln Ave. #10, San Rafael, CA, 94901 |
2.0 CECs provided - free to members and to attendees not earning CECs, $20 for nonmembers
Find us on Facebook at
CSCSW-Sacramento-Davis District and online at http://clinicalsocialworksociety.org
1. We will be meeting in Wesley Hall. Click here for map
2. CSCSW Invites participants to show their thanks to St. Mark's for their hospitality and generosity for supporting CSCSW events and the Sacramento community by considering a donation: You may donate non-perishable food items and clothing for their homeless program at our registration table; or you may make an online donation at http://www.stmarksumc.com/donate-now.